Monday, August 6, 2012

Artiste in August Day 7


Welcome back to day 7 of the Artiste in August blog hop! If you have come from Tina's blog you are on the right path. If not, this is a circular hop, so you can start right here. :) I have a complete list of the consultants who are participating in the hop in my sidebar on the right if you get lost or come across a broken link along the way.

Today we are showcasing the 20 circles ball on page 57 of the handbook. This one was tricky for me to figure out, but once I realized how to do the middle section, it came together very quickly. The book recommends cutting the circles at 1 inch, I chose to make mine at 2 inches so I could see the score lines better.

Here's a close up of one of the panels:

I decided to use the cuttlebug resist technique to add a little pop to my ball. After cutting the circles out I went ahead and folded on the score lines, so that it would be easier to see them once the ink was applied. I inked up the top of the cuttlebug folder with sky ink, and ran two circles through the folder at a time. It is hard to see, but I also inked the edges of each circle before assembly.
Here is a picture of the cuttlebug folder ready to go.

To make a hanger for the ball, I threaded some jute thread through a button, and made a loop at the top in the length I wanted the hanger to be. I tied knots on the top and bottom of the button to hold it in place, then threaded it through the small hole at the top of the first portion of the ball.

Here's a little assembly tip. Once the first 5 circles are adhered together, the bottom should look like this. You are going to add another circle to each of these, and then another circle in between each of those 5 pieces. So, just stick down the 5 that attach to this piece, but do not adhere them together, since you will need to put another piece in between them. Once you do that, you should be able to see how the bottom will attach, it will look just like this piece.

This one was a real challenge for me, but I am very pleased with the final result!

Thanks for stopping by! Now hop on over to Gloria's blog to see what she has created. I know it will be fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! It's just so pretty with all that embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tip on how to make the hanger stay!

    ReplyDelete