Monday, August 13, 2012

Artiste in August day 13

Welcome back for day 12 of the Artiste in August blog hop! If you have come from Tina's blog you are on the right path! The complete list of consultants who are participating in this blog hop is in my sidebar in case you get lost or come across a broken link along the way.

Happy Monday! Today we are all making the strawberry box on page 72 of the handbook. When I first began making this box, I decided I wanted to do something a little bit different than just a strawberry. As with most things in life, chocolate makes everything better, so I decided to make a chocolate covered strawberry. 


After cutting out the strawberry, I randomly stamped versamark ink onto the bottom half of the strawberry, (before folding up the box) and then sprinkled brown embossing powder over the ink. Once that was heated up and cooled slightly, I used my embossing pen to add a little more powder to a few spots. I really like the way this turned out. 


I used some gingham ribbon I had in my stash to hold the box together and add the leaf to the top. 

Thanks for stopping by, be sure to head over to Gloria's blog to see what she has created for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment